[OM] Re: Beer...

Subject: [OM] Re: Beer...
From: Matthew Born <mborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:15:05 -0500
There are actually loads of very small breweries turning out great
beer in the US. Many don't have any distribution to speak of, beyond
severely limited regional networks, and (it seems to me) most of them
are in the New England states. I have a good friend who owns a beer
store -- literally called the Six Pack Store -- in Philadelphia. He
sells hundreds and hundreds of labels from all over the world and is
thoroughly schooled in all things beer. He'll rattle off, at the drop
of a hat, a couple of dozen American beers that belong on anybody's
best list. The sad part is that they don't always make it, business-
wise. I do know that a visit from him, bearing gifts in bottles, is a
celebrated event in my home.

Matthew Born