[OM] Re: Steamtown

Subject: [OM] Re: Steamtown
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:17:54 -0600
Akavar Dylutra wrote:
> Matthew -
>
> Those are great shots for being handheld.  It inspires me to return and
> really document that Big Boy.  If they could only find the money to restore
> and run it...

Yeah, I'd like to see one run as well, but the problem is UP doesn't
have anywhere on the system anymore where they can turn it around, so it
would have to back up for half the trip.

There's another one in static storage at the National Museum of
Transport in St. Louis.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon