[OM] Re: THE SILENT SHUTTER SOUND OF OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: THE SILENT SHUTTER SOUND OF OM-1
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:52:18 +1100
>Jim wrote:
> >The OM-1 is very much vell known of its silent shutter sound and would say
> >quite unique too. I've tried a couple of them
> >and found that some is not as silent as it should be. Any idea what casues
> >the shutter to sound so different?

>Moose replied:
>Yup. State of tune. The difference between one with a recent CLA and one
>that's been goin' for decades without a tune up is enormous. It's not
>just the quieter, more precise shutter sound, though. Everything about
>the camera is smoother, more precise, easier, sort of like Fred Astaire.

I'll back up what Moose says.  My OM-1 went 25 years without a service, it
wasn't overworked and it wasn't feeling 'loose' or particularly noisy but I
could tell the difference after John H. had worked his magic and done a CLA
on it.

It's got that like-new feel to it again.  Shutter has that 'snick'
sound.  Wind feels smooth as the day it was made.

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/