[OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:17:48 -0600
Man, this list does not disappoint! ;-)

First off, many thanks to all for weighing in and maintaining proper focus on:
OM-3Ti (the Olympus USA refurb I turned down at less than US$1,500 in '03),
OM-3, Nukem FM3a (the body I nearly bought instead of going Oly), OM 2000,
sundry Bessas, and FM10s. That, and collectors, fools, grammar, cars (our
former neighbor used to do Subaru ads) and a significant slice of life worth
living!

Second, hats off to Jeff Keller and Piers Hemy for awesome deals. Wouldn't like
to be the seller kicking himself about selling so low, though.

Third, this is a fun way to arrive at a fair price given current market
conditions. I agree there is severe overpricing of collector-ready bodies
(insert name of usual suspect here). I also feel that a super-clean body
selling around $1800 is fair (see oBoy #7562750266). From what Alexandre and I
are hearing, a couple of new parts are pretty much all that separate his camera
from that pristine condition so we are slowly converging toward the upper
figure in the price range we had started with and that ties in neatly with
Jeff's sense of a decent price.

So, merci a tous (thanks, y'all), and I'll be returning to this with Alexandre!
We are very privileged to have someone like John to go to, BTW. I would not
dream of doing such a thing without such a pro helping us!

All the best for '06 to the List,

Phil

==