[OM] Re: OM-2000 was Re: Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2000 was Re: Re: Your opinions on pricing for OM3 Ti
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:10:05 +1300
Ali wrote

> I honestly believe the 2000 is an under-rated body. It might be plasticky,
> however it has good feature's and cant be beat for the price.

Ali, (  :-)>  ) if you want a good read I recommend "Eats shoots and leaves",
by Lynne Truss. ;-)> See  http://www.bookfinder.com/ (please note the ;-)>  )

The OM 2000 is one of the few OM cameras with self-timer that also lifts the
mirror and does aperture stop-down.  Like the OM4T.

However it does have some quirky features that take some getting used to,
AND I warn that the self-timer is somewhat delicate.

Never force it. Vital components are a tiny nylon cogs with teeth that are
easily stripped. The only fix is replacement of the entire shutter assembly
which comes as a unit.

Been there (bought a 2000 in that condition), and done that.

Brian