[OM] Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack

Subject: [OM] Advice on favorite mod range zoom to backpack
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:11:25 -0500
Now that I can gloat over the performance of my new Tamron 80-200, am still
trying to optimize what to bring when I have to backpack everything.  I don't
think I will be able to always lug it without leaving too much else behind.  I
do have the Zuiko 70-210 (purchased new) and was recently given the Zuiko
75-150---I can still trade this in to B&H for approx $110.  I found the 70-210
lack luster  esp at the long fl---though better if my somewhat light tripod is
weighted and the lens supported (given its quite light).  I have not used the
75-150 enough, though it handles well.  (found a reference in the archives that
CH Ling liked its color rendition).  Some list members like the Zuiko 50-250
F5---seems pretty good in the Gary Reese site and small given its range.  Moose
had mentioned the Tamron 60-300/ f3.8-4.5 or the Tokina 50-250/ 4-5.6  a few
months back (both had impressive Macro capabilities) though I can not find too
much out on there relative performance/size/availabili
 ty etc.
Mike