[OM] Re: Another game changing design

Subject: [OM] Re: Another game changing design
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:43:13 -0500
I didn't pay much attention to the specific implementation of this
camera.  What I thought was most interesting was thinking outside the
box and incorporating not only two lenses but two sensors.  These parts
are now cheap and may be used in new ways we haven't thought of yet.

I think the Sony DSC-R1 design is crippled by a really low res EVF.  But
that can be remedied in the future.  What I was thinking of was pro use.
  What if they made two of these.  One has the R1's 24-120 equivalent
lens and the R2(?) can have a 75-300.  Now the pro can carry two bodies
offering extensive focal length range, no worries about changing lenses,
no dust shakers required, and a modest overlap in focal length such that
he has a spare camera if one fails.  A year or two from now the EVF will
begin to rival your computer screen's resolution and it will offer
amplified images for dark conditions.

Chuck Norcutt