[OM] Re: Another game changing design

Subject: [OM] Re: Another game changing design
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:51:37 -0600
  But again, so many amateurs
> haven't experienced true wide angle shooting that it may see a lot of use.
> Most P&S users are used to "wide angle" as ~33mm, that anything wider
> might
> catch like wildfire.

Kudos to your wife. If you've watched the P&S cameras lately, they are
moving away from the wider angles to longer lenses. It's appaling how many
of the newer cameras go all the way to 38mm. Although there is certainly a
market for the 38 to three to four hundred lenses, to the parents of team
sport children, how do they take family photos indoors with a 38?

I will say, though, the new 10MP Sony is really tempting, at 24-120. I'll be
interested to see on in the flesh.

Bill Pearce