[OM] Re: Tripod?

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod?
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:53:55 +0100
On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 11:26:55AM -0800, Jeff Keller wrote:

> If I follow what you're saying the screw that mounts the ball head to the
> tripod  is too long?

No, not quite. It's hard to explain, so let me try to do a little
ASCII art:

This is how it should be:

Top_of_Ballhead
|    ______   |
|    |    |   |
|    \    /   |
|     \  /=======Screw
|      ||     |
|      ||     |
     Tripod

This is how it is:

Top_of_Ballhead
|    ______   |
|    \    /   |
|     \  /    |
|      ||=======Screw
     Tripod

That deal inside is still part of the tripod. If the 45deg angle was
a little lower (as in ``should be''), the screw could be tightened to
apply pressure between ballhead/tripod. As it is, there is not enough
pressure the fasten the head tightly.

My ASCII art is quite bad, I'll try to get some pictures posted,
explaining the situation.

Nils