[OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings

Subject: [OM] Re: PC-World Top DSlr Rankings
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:32:35 -0800
I am sorry, but computer mags be they Mac or PC have no understanding
of photography at all and not much of digital photography. These
ratings are probably fine for those that pay attention to them, i.e.,
people who also don't understand photography. Which is not to say
that   Olympus does not make fine cameras, but I can think of several
DSLRs that are superior to any on their list of "top 5".
Interestingly if you look at all their ratings a small HP digicam is
right up their with the Canon 20D and the Oly 7070 is superior to it.
Geez.

It is like those car mag comparisons with points awarded for tasteful
chrome strips on the outside.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA