[OM] Re: Cameta saved me money!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta saved me money!!!
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:23:04 +1100

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>Hmmm.  Very interesting.  I wouldn't have thought this was possible.  I
>have assumed that all the logic for copying and moving text was totally
>within the browser.  I don't know how Cameta's page logic could even be
>aware that you were copying something.  Obviously there is much I don't
>know about this stuff.  Can somebody 'splain it?

This is a simple Javascript routine some people put onto their webpage to
try to prevent surfers from copying text and images, it detects the
surfer's right mouse click and throws up a message of admonishment.  It
works within the browser so is very easy to side-step, just turn Javascript
off in your browser and the message disappears.

Interestingly, I tried to duplicate what Walt experienced and had no
trouble copying the item number (or any image) from their eB*y page.  And I
even have Javascript enabled in my broswer, so go figure.

Andrew McPhee