[OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all

Subject: [OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:14:24 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I think I would like that too. I am tempted greatly by the E900.
>Probably the 9MP sensor while not as noise free but better than the
>competition will end up in the F810 body, I am guessing.

Perhaps so. I like the 810 body - execept - it doesn't accept the aux
lenses the E body has a bayonet for.

I don't feel the need for 9mp in such a camera and would be happier with
the lower noise and iso 1600 with the 6mp sensor, but I suppose the
dynamics of the market mean that's unlikely, bigger is better for sales.
I just downloaded some high iso samples from the F10 and E900 from
steve's to compare. It may just be that the effective noise at any size
I'm likely to use will be as low or lower on the 9mp, since the noisy
pixels are smaller.

The other issue is whether the higher resolution sensor has started to
show up the limitations of the 4x zoom on these bodies.

Moose