[OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all

Subject: [OM] Re: No Mac and cheese for me after all
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:36:22 -0600
Moose wrote:

> - For a sloppy typist like me, the PC setup of both erase left
> (backspace key) and erase right (delete key) is superior to the Mac
> single key set up of erase left (delete key) only. I think this is the
> single thing that would cause me the most trouble if I were ever to
> switch. I did look at a Mac before buyng my recent new notebook PC and
> couldn't believe it when the Mac sales guy told me this when I was
> looking for the other key. Maybe he was really a PC advocate in disguise??

Hmm ... maybe he was new enough to the Mac to not know that pressing the
Function (fn) key and the delete key at the same time does a PC-style
"Delete"? It's a combination keystroke, so it's not as convenient as
pressing _one_ key, but it _is_ do-able.

> Neither choice is cheesy. :-)

Amen to that. I spend half my day in the Windows world and half in the
Mac world, and, though I spent my own money on a Mac, neither system is
a loser's choice.

Steve