[OM] Re: Faded colors and vivid memories

Subject: [OM] Re: Faded colors and vivid memories
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:27:41 -0000
Walt, a picture such as that is worth much more than the two minutes we each
have spent on it with similar results.  If a Photodhop plugin is any use to
you, I suggest you try here: www.asf.com where Kodak are offering a free
trial of  Digital ROC, which is what I used to get this (instantly, no other
tweaks applied):  <www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/Wayman ladies.jpg>

BTW Ektachrome is known for its poor performance in dark storage vs
relatively good performance when repeatedly projected - Kodachrome is the
reverse.  So if you wanted to keep the slides you took forty years ago, but
not to look at them meantime, you should have used Kodachrome - isn't
hindsight great?

--
Piers