[OM] Re: Cameta extended warranty for E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Cameta extended warranty for E-1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:39:02 -0800
I believe the E-System cameras have some sticky tape that captures bits of
flotsam in the mirror box. The tape should probably be replaced after awhile
but unless the extended warranty was pretty long, it might not be of much
help.

Hopefully you won't do like I did and have your camera kiss the asphalt.
Olympus did a really nice job fixing it up. I don't think any warranty would
have covered that.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Steve Dropkin" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>

But also mentioned that the camera
would need a "mirror-box" cleaning after a few years and that this would
be covered by the extended warranty (which is being offered at half of
Olympus' Web site price). Since the person mentioning this great deal is
the only one I recall who's mentioned this "necessary" cleaning, I'm a bit
leery. Is this "mirror-box" cleaning necessary or is it merely cleaning
out my pockets? I have a week to change my mind and say "yes" if I want
it.

Thanks!
Steve