[OM] Re: FL-36 vs FL-50

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-36 vs FL-50
From: "Bao C. Ha" <bao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:24:37 -0800 (PST)
Hmm!

It is useful to know it. I got an FL-36 for the E-300, since it
works together with the built-in flash. Now, I have exchanged
the E-300 for the E-1, I have been contemplating about the Fl-50.

Bao

On Sat, December 24, 2005 9:31 am, chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The difference between 36 and 50 meters as guide numbers is 1 stop.  Maybe
> for the price difference you'll decide on a faster lens or to crank the
> ISO dial a notch higher.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

> From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
>
>> > Looking at getting an Olympus flash for the E-500. Is there a HUGE
>> difference
>> between
>> > the FL-36 and FL-50 that might warrant me to spend the extra $200.00
>> for the
>> FL-50? I
>> > am not a heavy flash user, however I would like try those slow sync
>> shots
>> using the
>> > flash.
>>
>> Search the archives of the Olympus SLR forum on dpreview.com for a
>> heck of a lot of people asking this question.
>>
>> They're functionally identical, everything the FL-50 can do, the FL-36
>> can also do -- the FL-36 just doesn't recycle as fast or reach as far.
>> The FL-36 is apparently fine for the majority of everyday use, the FL-50
>> is that bit heftier (physically as well as flash-wise) if you think
>> you'll need it.
>>
>> Comparing to OM series, the FL-50 gives marginally less output than a
>> T-32 at the widest setting, but as soon as you start to zoom in, it wins
>> out.
>>
>> -- dan

>> List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
>> List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards.
Bao C. Ha
Hacom OpenBrick Distributor USA http://www.hacom.net
voice: (714) 530-8817 fax: (714) 530-8818
8D66 6672 7A9B 6879 85CD 42E0 9F6C 7908 ED95 6B38