[OM] Re: FL-36 vs FL-50

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-36 vs FL-50
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 20:40:34 +0000
Not for me.  I have the FL-20 for snapshots, whereas the F:-36 will
give me more even light in smallish rooms.  If I need more oomph I
use a Metz "digital" (what's digital about a flash?) slave flash, the
34 CS-2, and let the Olympus combo sort out the slight variation in
light output.

I am pretty well always interested compactness and the ability to get
my kit to the subject without buggering my back, not to mention being
able to afford the kit in the first place.  In the UK, the FL-50 is
around GBP250, I think; the FL-36 is normally less than half that,
and the shop charged me less than half again for some reason :-) :-)

So, I would recommend an FL-36 for an amateur like me, and a FL-50
for a pro, perhaps ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker