[OM] Computer for Photoshop advice please

Subject: [OM] Computer for Photoshop advice please
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:12:19 -0800
I'm going to put together a computer after the holidays and am looking
for input and advice. I want to get a good enough motherboard so it will
last awhile. Looking at the Asus A8N 32 SLI  motherboard with an AMD
Athlon 64 4400 dual core cpu which is the cheapest with 1mb cache. Plus
add as much memory as I can afford, at least 2gb, maybe 4. I'll use my
old video card ATI Radeon 7500 64mg, SCSI card, DVD player and newest
hard drive. Plus I'll add a new hard drive. One thing I don't want to
skimp on is the power supply but know next to nothing about them. What's
a good quality one? I'll probably get a new case as well. I'm planning
to put this old box out to pasture in the garage, add a couple new hard
drives and use it for backup.

So what do y'all think? Is this going to burn through those 16bit 150mg
scans?  Or what would you get?  Budget is an issue as I'd also like to
get a new monitor

mike