[OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expens

Subject: [OM] Re: C*non 500D 2 element diopter--compact macro solution or expensive and cacamamie
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:51:49 -0500
At 06:27 PM 12/20/2005, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Wonder what anyone thinks of this.  I had shied away from close up
>lenses due to loss of optical quality, though this lens has better
>reviews.  It is optimized for use with lenses from approx 80-200 and
>apparently may work best if it close to the front element.  Max
>magnification I think is about .4X with 200mm.
>Mike

Hi Mike,

I have one that I use with a zoom to photograph wildflowers and find
that I use it more than my dedicated macro lenses.  The image quality
is sufficient for my needs and using a zoom makes composing the shot
a bit easier than always needing to move the tripod.  Here's a web
sized sample shot:

<http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/star_of_bethlehem.htm>

Later,
Johnny