[OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's NOT finished

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Odyssey - it's NOT finished
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:36:32 -0600
Andrew McPhee wrote:

> As to which part of the OO process that peeved me off?  Well since you
> asked...
>
> Biggest peeve was not being kept informed where the camera was.  I set up a
> form on the OO website that takes about a minute to fill in but it seems
> even that was too much to ask.
>
> Next biggest peeve was people not sending their photos.  I realise
> developing and scanning requires a certain amount of time but it doesn't
> take weeks or months.
>
> People keeping the camera longer than the five days did not bother me at
> all.  I understand that life gets busy sometimes.
>
> Andrew McPhee
> (former) Olympus Odyssey co-ordinator

As a co-coordinator (with Brian Swale) of the last two Oly Exchanges, I
can confirm that people not sending their photos or scans in a timely
fashion is a big, and, unfortunately, long-standing problem. It's one
reason we took over Exchange coordination from Bob G., and it's _the_
reason we opted to make a scan part of the "entry" for this year's
Solstice Exchange.

I understand that these kinds of events are hardly ever at the top of
peoples' priority lists. Knowing that this is the tendency of the group,
though, I suggest that the revised Odyssey includes measures to either
counter or discourage tardiness.

Steve