[OM] Re: OM4 - rapid ticking?!

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 - rapid ticking?!
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:34:34 GMT
In message <43A2BD1D.2010206@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> New 357s without a load (just tested out of the camera) should read
> between 1.55 and 1.59V.

Yep, it was the batteries (surprise surprise). A new set of SG13s (=SR44) has
resurrected my OM4 rather nicely.

And the battery meter that still says the dead cells are "Good" is now
sitting on top of the dustbin.

What threw me is that the OM10 just plain died when its batteries gave out.
The '4 actually did the "chatter dance"... That said, at least I know what to
look out for in future, and I've put some spare SG13s in the camera bag for
the next time this happens...

Oh, and the 357s were in the OM4 for 15 weeks, not 6 as I previously said.
Not to mention the fact that the '4 has seen a fair bit of use over the past
four of those 15 weeks, which kinda explains why the batteries were stuffed.

New lesson: Before putting the OM4 away, remove its batteries.

Thanks.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB