[OM] Re: Whats inside the E-500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Whats inside the E-500?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:43:12 -0800
Unless he disassembled it, I doubt he could see the frame. My D100 is
built around an alloy frame and I can see no evidence of it looking
through the lens mount, just light absorbing coating on top of
something. I hope he did not see metal plates identifiable as
aluminum in the mirror box. Everything should be black.

I understand that polycarbonate is fine for a camera body, but the
extra temperature stability of an alloy casting is needed primarily
to maintain the precision of the focus sensor points.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA