[OM] Re: Now for a real question

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for a real question
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:43:17 -0800
Good sources of info

http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
http://www.photodo.com/nav/prodindex.html
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/mp-zuiko-tests.txt
http://medfmt.8k.com/third/index.html
http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/mflens.htm
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/TamronMFLenses.htm

The yahoo groups (although biased towards their own groups lenses)

When looking at Vivitar Series 1 lenses, the old ones are considered to be
very good even when compared to newer designs. Some of the newer Vivitar
Series 1 lenses seem to have either mechanical reliability problems or don't
perform well.

The best first step is to ask this group about any focal length you might be
interested in.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Joao T. da Costa" <joaocosta@xxxxxxx>

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Now for a real question: I
have found a number of web resources on Zuiko lenses, but very little
on other manufacturers' desings for the OM mount. Of course, I
understand that the Zuikos are very high up there in the list of
reasons to buy Olympus, but I see a lot of Tokinas / Tamrons /
Vivitars, etc. for sale or auction. The question is: how do I know
which ones are any good?

Thanks in advance,

Joao T. da Costa
Sao Paulo, Brazil