[OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:29:34 -0500
In Ferrari red of course. Wonderful styling. I believe the purists prefer
the 206 Dino, which had a real Ferrari engine. The 246, if I remember
correctly, had an engine based on a Fiat block. A used Dino is still
reasonable by Ferrari and other standards - I saw one advertised this year
for approx US$70K.

I would also be happy to own an earlier E-type with the faired headlights
(British Racing Green or bright red) and/or a Austin Healey 3000 (either Mk2
or 3). Given their British engineering (and before the noise starts, I'm a
Brit by birth)they are guaranteed to keep the owners on their toes (or feet,
if they have to walk to the nearest phone). That being said, a big Healey is
a simple car (mechanically) and generally easy to work on.

Now this thread is really OT
Martin