[OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Gas guzzlers (Was Further chillies and other stuff
From: Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:26:09 +0000
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Ah, yes!  All those parts made by Lucas, "the prince of darkness".
>
> I just decided to search on "Lucas Electric" and discovered this gem of
> a page: <http://pw1.netcom.com/~krk/lotus/humor/lucasjokes.html>
> One of the best lines is: "Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify
> its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the
> only product they offered which did not suck."

Yeah, it's all good for a laugh, and no doubt has a firm basis in fact.
But I can't be the only person who never had electrical problems with
Lucas-equipped British vehicles, and who never suffered an oil leak.
Many leaks are caused by overtightening of the side covers on A-series
engines. You bend 'em, you replace 'em.

My Best Man had a TR6 that never gave a moment's trouble. Most reliable
car he ever had. His work Landy never hiccupped either, in spite of
regular dips in the sea and being asked to undertake unreasonable tasks
in ridiculous places. It even survived my driving.

Maybe something happened on the boat over..?

D.