[OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 is rubbish I am going back to film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 15:50:46 -0800 (PST)
--- "Joao T. da Costa" wrote:

> I saw a guy at the local auction site selling an OM2S with
> three lenses (28mm, 50mm, 100mm). I bought
> it because I thought I would use the lenses with the digital
> camera and the adapter. As it turns out, I love the sound of
> the OM shutter, the feel of the camera, and the huge
> viewfinder.

Welcome to the assylum.  The OM-2S remains my all-time favorite
camera.  I still use mine, which I purchased in 1986, quite a
bit.  It's got somewhere around 100,000 pictures run through it.
 The sound of the OM-2S is unique and unlike all of the other OM
bodies.

If I stopped photographing professionally, I'd still keep the
E-1 and the OM-2S.  The OM-2S and the OM-4Ti are cameras which
transcend time and category.  Obviously, your specific example
may vary, but the 100/2.8 is a lens which will probably never be
equalled. It gives the images a look which I've only seen with
the lenses on the Contax 645.

And, yes, that IMAX-like focus screen is very unique.

AG

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com