[OM] Re: [OT] Help with monitor problem

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Help with monitor problem
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:20:52 -0800
It was Coldwell Banker in Los Altos, California. I suspect the Alain Pinel
office next door was also hit but don't know. It seems to be a growing
problem. I think it's reaching the point that agents are afraid to go to the
office late at night to wrap up sales. They should have installed security
cameras after the first break in. (But that doesn't always stop it)

A much smaller scale thief was hitting where I work. It kept getting worse
and worse until the guy was finally caught. Turns out it was a former
employee that had lost his job but still had an old ID badge. I think he had
also lost his ability to think. I would bet he actually wanted to be
eventually caught. He must have made off with at least 50 laptops but is
unlikely to ever get a job in Silicon Valley again. The company lost a lot
of proprietary info and surely did all they could to see he was locked up
for as long as possible. A team hit our building next to the one I'm in. The
security cameras got pictures of masked people breaking the door on a
weekend night. Several years ago a large truck trailer, that was being used
for storage, was taken.

Crime is frequently done as a big business in Silicon Valley. The
electronics can be worth more than its weight in gold.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>

Yikes!  May I ask in which city the real estate office is located?

ScottGee1

On 12/1/05, Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > I believe C.H. gets better results with LCD displays.
 >
 > Building strong bodies is a real value in a different way. A local real
 > estate office has been broken into several times recently including this
 > last week.

SNIP!

-jeff