[OM] Re: [OT] Help with monitor problem

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Help with monitor problem
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:20:17 -0800
I believe C.H. gets better results with LCD displays.

Building strong bodies is a real value in a different way. A local real
estate office has been broken into several times recently including this
last week. The LCD displays were taken (locked security cables cut), newer
CPUs were taken, two old Dell systems (which are my concern) with old 17/18"
Sony monitors were untouched even though the file drawers next to them were
left open. Clearly a well prepared team is hitting them, getting in and out
fast. Those 50 lb monitors don't look cool and aren't worth the extra
effort. Looks like my old 19" Sony at home will soon be going to the office
and the new 24" LCD that was just ordered is going to be delivered to my
home (hope the color is good or I'll be at the mercy of photoshop graphs).
Maintaining old systems has some real advantages perhaps even more than
riding an old bike !!!

The amusing irony is that those two old computers were at the heart of $50M
sales this last year while some of the newer stuff that was stolen wasn't
much more than an email appliance.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>

Chuck,

Allow me a short rant here.....

Yeah, I know that flat monitors look cool, and save desk space. And I know
that the US is predominantly a consumer economy, so selling new stuff is
supposed to be good for everyone, but.......

Did anyone ever buy a flat screen monitor because they got better results
for photo editing?

A good CRT monitor is still better for our purposes, and in most cases,
cheaper. They last a long time, and build strong bodies when lifting them.

I don't look forward to the day when my good Sony monitor dies.

Bill Pearce