[OM] Re: ICC Profiles

Subject: [OM] Re: ICC Profiles
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:42:25 -0600
There have been quite a few good comments on this subject, but I think I can
add clarity to those who have not made the step. There may be a bit of
confusion on just where profiles are needed.  While it is good to have
profiles for printer/paper combinations, unless you are at just the right
alignment of planets,all the profiling in the world on input and output
devices won't do a bit of good unless your monitor is profiled.In my
experience, profiling the monitor is at least three quarters of the way to
success.

I got the eye-one when there was the closeout deal several months ago, and
am quite pleased, but I'm sure just about anything with a puck is
worthwhile.

Bill Pearce