[OM] Re: Another AP article full of praise

Subject: [OM] Re: Another AP article full of praise
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:24:45 -0500
It's worth pointing out that there is nothing wrong with splitting
infinitive verbs in English. Doing so does not make the sentence harder to
understand, and more importantly, many native English speakers do not find
split infinitives unacceptable.

It's reasonable to guess that the historical guidance against splitting
infinitives in English may come from that fact that split infinitives are
impossible in Latin and other related languages.

Robert Swier
Toronto