[OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: eBay payment advice sought
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:10:24 -0000
Greg wrote:

> I found that PP was of no help when I had a problem as a buyer in
> a yabe auction. It seems like PP and yabe are definitely stacked
> toward the seller.

It's not what I found. I had paid £180 by PayPal for some chairs. The vendor
de-registered from eBay the next day! I contacted both the c/c company and
PayPal. PayPal immediately put the transfer on "hold" (so the vendor couldn't
withdraw the funds) and the c/c company sent me forms out to reverse the PayPal
cost if PayPal didn't sort it out. Then it would have been up to PayPal to get
the funds from the vendor somehow.

In the end it didn't come to that as the chairs arrived (late) and everything
was taken off hold. But I must confess I was impressed with how easy it would
have been to get my money back had the goods not arrived.

Simon