[OM] Re: Pay peanuts...

Subject: [OM] Re: Pay peanuts...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:56:29 -0800 (PST)
> > Es*re eh?  I used them for car insurance for a year until I
> > discovered that the direct insurance business was less of a
> saver than I had at first imagined!

Insurance companies aren't the only ones that do this.  Back in
the late '80s I got T-boned in an intersection and the car was
totalled.  This happened on a Friday night and on Tuesday
morning the insurance company had the check mailed to Ford Motor
Credit for payoff. (per then state law)  It's not like the
insurance company (State Farm) was a fly-by-nighter or
something.

Ford deposited the check and waited four weeks before crediting
my account and another three weeks before mailing the balance
due back to me.  Inotherwords, they continued to charge me
interest on the account for four weeks even though the payoff
was received!

I'll NEVER buy a Ford or deal with FMC ever again.  As much as I
like the new Mustang convertable, it'll never happen.

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com