[OM] It's heeeere!

Subject: [OM] It's heeeere!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:09:22 +0000
Brown brought this afternoon the Zuiko Digital ED 50-200/2.8~3.5.  I have
played with it only briefly, taking a couple of shots here on the premises, in
the yard and off the deck.  First impression:  Wow!  Second impression: As much
as I love my 80-200/2.8 Tamron, it'll never be on my E-1 again.

I've got a busy week coming up, what with a fair amount of melon business
(honey dews, you know), and then a couple of days in the woods attempting to
murder Bambi.  Maybe week after next I'll post a picture or two and give a more
detailed review, which probably won't be worth much to some of the more
detail-oriented of you since I'm neither patient nor critical enough for
seriously testing stuff.  I guess I just don't care that much.

I will offer one criticism right up front, though.  It comes in about the most
ridiculous lens case I've ever laughed my ass off at: the thing has actual
feet, four of them, metal, on which it can sit, and the lens is enclosed behind
twin zippers and a flap fastened with Velcro.  I never use lens cases anyway,
so it's more amusing than annoying, because this lens will spend its off-camera
time naked in a Lowe-Pro bag and this silly case will end up in one of those
boxes in the basement with a multitude of other unused lens cases.  Does
anybody actually really use these things?  This one looks less like a practical
lens case then something in which one might store some sort of family heirloom,
like great-grandmother's antique crystal dildo or some such.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --