[OM] Re: EOS adapters etc

Subject: [OM] Re: EOS adapters etc
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:17:19 -0500
Both brass and bronze are alloys of copper.  Brass is copper and zinc
while bronze is copper, zinc and tin.  Other metals may also be added in
small amounts.

I agree, it's pretty muddy but my guess is that it's brass.  Brass is
typically 2/3 copper which may explain the "made of copper" part.  It's
also a good material to use here with good machineability and wear
characteristics.

If this is truly chrome plated brass and can be had for $50 it's a good
deal.  Same construction as what I bought earlier this year from a
seller in Hong Kong for double that amount.  And I was happy to get it
at that price when the option was $175 from CameraQuest.

Chuck Norcutt