[OM] Re: Megapixels

Subject: [OM] Re: Megapixels
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:29:29 +0800
May be the Intel processor is structured in that way but the old 8bit Apple
II can address more than 256 byte RAM :-) I think 32 bit is taking about
data bus width not the address bus, it is also possible to us MMUs which can
theoretically address unlimited number of RAM. Also, a data bus width 32
bits (4 bytes) with 32 bit addressing you can address 16 GB RAM

BTW, I don't think I will use 4GB RAM as the reachable DC for me in coming
few years will be no more than 30MP and I don't do stitching, 2GB RAM will
be good enough for me. On the other hand I can use 20GHz PC for video
editing.

C.H.Ling