[OM] Re: C-7070 (and C-5060?) extra lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: C-7070 (and C-5060?) extra lenses
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:54:23 -0500
On 10/28/05, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My experience with another make of camera is that the makers' add on
> lenses are pretty good. And Olympus' past converter lenses have a
> great reputation even finding use on the end of DSLR lenses with an
> adaptor. I would not worry about the quality.
>
> One thing I found though is that mine are not much used. Not because
> of quality, but I find that the built in lens covers more than 95
> percent of my own photo shooting.
>
> If you get the E-500 you will never use them, if you are anything
> like me, and your use of the 5060 will go way, way down.

I have the tele converter for the 5060 (my son's).  As Winsor says, it
is impossible to discern any degradation in lens quality.  I have both
the tele and wide converters for the C8080, and the same is true.  The
wide converter is somewhat more useful to me (it gives me my widest
digital capture at =21mm).

Olympus does a very good job with these converters, though I also
mostly agree with his comment about the E-500.  The wide converter is
still useful because I just don't have anything comparable in the
E-system stable. :(

Joel W.