[OM] Re: [Photo] OT E-1 October Surprise

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] OT E-1 October Surprise
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:18:51 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:

>There are some lovely colours there Moose.

Thanks! Nothing like a slight overcast to allow colours to come out.

>As well as the ones you
>have named I like 664 and 745; the former for its embedded tree-like
>shape,

To me, 664 was about the contrasts of color and texture, with the
vibrantly green living and spare grey bare dead parts of the tree
embedded in the red leaves of the shrub.

>the latter for its variety of gentle colours.

I'm always trying to get great shots of reflected trees and sky combined
with leaves on the surface of still water. 745 is one of my favorites,
so serene and soothing, I can just sit and look at it for quite a while.
Still as the water looks, it is actually a stream moving right along.

I see nobody is a typical tourist. 649 is of a scene I was told by my
host is the most photographed subject on Mt Desert Is. I had passed it
many times without stopping, but when I heard about its august status, I
didn't want to disappoint the bridge and/or whoever is hiding in the
bushes counting photographers, so I shot it too. Of course I have
another, more touristy shot with Carol Anne standing in the middle.
:-)   The bridge, by the way, doesn't actually go anywhere much.

Moose