[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:24:59 -0300
On 10/25/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm sure Kodak convinced them that there was plenty of head room for an
> 11 or 12MP sensor when they both embarked on the 4/3 plan.  Problem is
> they have yet to deliver competitively on the noise issue.

I think delivering 11-12MP on the 4/3 sensor size is only a matter of
time, not much convincing needed there. I suspect that what Kodak did
convince them of was the time it would take them to do it. I'd guess
that they underestimated the time it would take them to do it and
overestimated the time it would take Canon, et al. to get there.