[OM] Re: Zeiss Ikon site up

Subject: [OM] Re: Zeiss Ikon site up
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:15:15 -0300
On 10/24/05, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone know if this new line of gear is manufactured by Cosina?

Yes, the body is being made by Cosina. I forget what the deal is with
the lenses, I think they're mostly being made by Cosina too. It's not
the same body as what's used in Cosina's Bessa line though (it has a
longer baselength for starters). I also seem to recall hearing
something about Zeiss putting stricter quality control on the bodies
and lenses. I think Zeiss is supplying the glass for the lenses and
Cosina is assembling them so they'd be made with the high quality
glass that Zeiss uses.