[OM] Re: WTB T28 Calculator Panels

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB T28 Calculator Panels
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:10:46 +0000
I don't really understand the rationale for NOT using TTL exposure with the OM
macro flashes.  There's always the exposure compensation dial if it's apparent
from looking at the subject that a little over or under exposure is
appropriate.  And with the T28, I sometimes alter the lighting ratio by using
2X or 3X neutral density filters over one of the units.

Of course, I am also capable of using all the macro flashes manually, and
successfully, but only when there's a really good reason to.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1067.jpg

I have made measuring sticks to be used between the front edge of the camera
body and the lens from pieces of white mini-blinds for the T8, T10 and T28,
marked at 1/4 stop increments, in red for bellows factor compensation, in blue
for correct exposure at that amount of extension with the flash at full power,
and in green for proper exposure at half power.

Works!  I sometimes cheat, too, and use the Sekonic L-718 with in flash meter
mode -- but nearly never with an OM-4T.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from