[OM] Re: When digital is no good...

Subject: [OM] Re: When digital is no good...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:32:59 +0800
I have different experience for slide projection and scanning, my 4000ED
almost resolve the same details as I can see with my Leica Colourplan 90/2.5
projected to around 6x4', it just looked very sligthly better when I tried
to move the projector out of my room to make a 12' projection. May be my
Colourplan was not at its best at that magnification (6x4') but the
different was very small anyway. I found I can dig out significant more
details from my slides only when using a Olympus microscope making a 40x
view.

Talking about projection or digital dispaly, people (Olympus) are starting
to use LCD for photo exhibition and they looked very good. I have a video
projector that can make 1280x720 projection, which is very nice at a viewing
distance of 10' and projection size of 80". Of course if you are looking for
the details you will sure see the different from a real slide projection but
just for enjoying the image it is quite nice already.

C.H.Ling