[OM] Re: What happened while I was asleep?

Subject: [OM] Re: What happened while I was asleep?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:01:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2005 12:32:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dan@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I am  still hunting a long prime for use on my
E-1 in the 200-300 range so the  300mm f2.8 is on my list but I have yet to
find one that I like the look  of. It seems odd to me as well that these
lenses appear to be turning up  less. Despite the general downward pricing
trend when they do come up the  prices are still strong on the most part.

They really do seem to be holding their prices well.  If 200mm really  is in
your range, you might keep an eye out for Tamron 180mm f2.5 which is a  lens
of which I'm rather fond.  Mine replaced a Zuiko 180mm f2.8.   Another one I
didn't mention is the 80-200mm f2.8 which has dried up a bit as  has its cousin
the Tokina AT-X 80-200 f2.8 (which replaced my Tamron when  someone wanted it
more than I did and passed a little folding green to  me).  It is interesting
and it would be interesting to know where they are  going and/or how they are
being used.  It use to be pretty easy to pick up  the 17mm for around $150.
The 90mm f2.5. although still in fairly good  supply on ebay, have escalated in
price a bit.  Bill Barber