[OM] Re: copyright watermarks

Subject: [OM] Re: copyright watermarks
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:12:56 -0300
On 9/28/05, swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree we are certainly subjected to more information now than we need,
> hence me personally starting to show two fingers to technology
> especially where motorcycling is concerned, its just to easy with modern
> motorbikes, there is absolutely no adventure involved wheras 20 years
> ago a trip across europe required planning and preparation and a bit of
> gumption, I could jump on my modern bike and ride back to the uk in a
> day (done it a few times).  So now I have to travel farther and use more
> fuel for the same adventure of 20 years ago.

I know what you mean. I've toyed around with the idea of riding a
motorcycle around Canada and the US but it's more the romantic idea of
that kind of trip that I find interesting and I know the realities of
it would likely not measure up to that.

While contemplating staying in SE Asia I had a much stronger desire to
purchase a motorcycle for travelling around Laos and possibly other
countries. But in Laos a Honda XR250R (a dirt bike with 10.6" of
suspension travel) is a sensible road bike for travelling outside of
town (and there are plenty of "roads" in town that you'd need
something like that to ride on). For comparison, my roommate had a
Yamaha XT125 that was pretty much only suited for in-town driving (I
know previous owners had taken it out of the city but it's really not
up to it). Another friend had a Yamaha XT175 and he considered that to
be just acceptable for out of town driving but a little better suited
for in-town driving than a 250cc bike would be (most of the locals
drive 100-125cc bikes).