[OM] Re: e500

Subject: [OM] Re: e500
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:09:17 -0700 (PDT)
> Is the pro market taking a backseat to the high-end
> prosumer market, or have I missed something major? I love my
> E-1, but the E-500 looks pretty good.

Personally, my undies aren't getting in a wad. No spare change
to buy an E-500 or an E-3 right now.  A replacement to my A1
won't be forthcoming until maybe wedding season 2006. And for a
second body, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another E-1 if the
price was super good.

The E-500 is very interesting and would be a good alternative
camera for landscape and product work, but except for a few
niceties and the better sensor, there is no gain over the E-1.

Now, if they proceed to give the E-3 all of the features of the
E-500 plus the body of the E-1 and upgrade the sensor to 10-12MP
it will be a real killer of a camera.  I think I could be super
happy with 10-12MP for a very long time.

Yes it is a bit frustrating seeing Olympus limp along without a
competitive pro-level camera again, but when they finally do get
around to doing something, it is usually worth the wait.

And I wouldn't be bothered if they corrected the WB a bit with a
two-axis system and skewed it more towards orange-blue instead
of red-blue.  But that's just me.

The low eye-point viewfinder specifications of the E-500 surely
can't be right, can they?  Olympus may force me to get my eyes
laser zapped if they go backwards like this.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com