[OM] Re: E10 quirks--just me?

Subject: [OM] Re: E10 quirks--just me?
From: iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:00:53 -0700
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:38:50 -0700, Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Iddi,
>     I don't think your display is functioning correctly.
> The LCD back light is  a power hog.

Odd, though, that the non-active area varies by mode (and even within the
same mode (playback) sometimes the image is corner-to-corner, other times
not).

<snip>

> The firmware is only upgradeable by Oly. They used to charge ~$20 or
> so??. I think it improves focus speed a little, but main advantage is it
> adds menu item, to map out bad pixels if you shoot a white card or
> something.
> Regards,
> Tim Hughes

Haven't seen any hot pixels or bad pixels yet. Will call the Long Beach
centre and ask if firmware can be applied on-site without waiting for the
3 week turnaround by mail (Can't go that long w/o my toy!)

--
new email address: iddibhai at verizon dot net
aim:iddibhai | icq:104079359