[OM] Re: Quality Landscapes (was: Emulating Ansel)

Subject: [OM] Re: Quality Landscapes (was: Emulating Ansel)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:44:59 -0700 (PDT)
> Correct!  I guess I can say that those thousands of landscapes
> I've taken in the past have been 'exploratory' photos.  I can
> go through them now and work out where and when to go back to
> a location and redo it properly.

I've found that some of my "exploratory photos" have actually
turned out quite well once time passes and I revisit these with
new post-production techniques.  Sometimes, just changing the WB
and saturation is all that's necessary to recover a seemingly
dull photo.

Not all photographs have to be loud and in your face "perfect".
Those obnoxious over-saturated, perfect cloud photos actually
become a dime-a-dozen.  "Quiet" pictures usually have longer
legs and allow the viewer to plug in their own experiences and
visualizations.

Is a "dozen" in metric 12 or 10?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com