[OM] Re: Retirement ... my feelings about the list

Subject: [OM] Re: Retirement ... my feelings about the list
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:57:22 +0100 (BST)

I would like to say that part of my reason for buying second hand olympus
rather than going canon or pentax was the existance of *this* list, the
expertise and helpful advice, friendlyness and the unoffical olympus info
site. I have bought quite a few lenses from list members including a 24mm
shift and 24mm f2 and would be very sad to see members leave. Not to
mention getting a worn om3 un-jammed thanks to a list member.

I run a high combined system, shooting slides and then ascanning them and
printing then on an epson r800. As such I have no problems with digital
discussions. For me its inevitable that the volume of digital related
threads and posts would increase simply because there are few crazy people
like myself who would go the second hand analogue route rather than buy
didital new or second hand.

Recently there has been a lot of posts about the tragidies in the world. I
view this as friends talking and sharing their feelings - But then I am
lucky - I have a high bandwidth free connection at the university I teach
at so volume of traffic does not worry me.

I also own a Bronica medium format setup and the discussion groups are far
less animated with a too low volume of traffic and a lot less information
available on line - there is less support and the expertise is more
difficult to find. This list is a major OM resource and somthing we should
all be proud of.

Long live the OM
James