[OM] Re: Glacier photos - was Re: Re: [OT] Getting gassed - a rant.

Subject: [OM] Re: Glacier photos - was Re: Re: [OT] Getting gassed - a rant.
From: "Darin Rhein" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:22:00 -0700
I took a trip to Glacier National Park a few years ago. I was told by a park
service employee,  that at the current rate of retreat most, if not all, the
glaciers there would be gone in 20 years. That was a real eye opener for me, to
think that in my lifetime, the glaciers could be gone.

A link to Glacier retreat in Glacier National Park
http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/research/glacier_retreat.htm

And Glacier monitoring in Glacier National Park
http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/research/glaciers.htm

Darin