[OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Victimizing the victims
From: Jonas Otter <jonas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:42:49 +0200
> This statement is probably true if you'd like to consider the entire
> genome but very untrue if you consider only those characteristics that
> we visually identify with race such as skin and hair color, etc.  No one

That was sort of the point. Those for whom a person's race (whatever that
really is) is important, will attribute a lot of characteristics to persons of
some race, which they identify by means of the externally visible
characteristics e.g. skin colour, whereas the only characteristics they could
actually with any statistical significance attribute to those persons are those
externally visible ones, and not all the others they would like to see
associated with that race.

I suppose that what I really meant to say was that the concept of race can
(according to what I read) only be applied to characteristics like skin colour,
shape of eyes etc. and not to all the other things many people like to believe.
Personally I find it rather nice to think that we are all more alike than we
think; if more people realised that it would make the world a better place.

And that's all I have to say about that,

Jonas