[OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault" was: Re: Re: List members in hurrica

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: "Its all Bush's fault" was: Re: Re: List members in hurricane path
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:26:33 +0000
I promise to quit after this.  Here's one for you Fox News fans.

"Geraldo Rivera arrives in a Fox News truck. An elderly woman grips his elbow.
She's wearing thick dark glasses and a pink shirt. He carries her small white
dog in his arms. He's wearing thigh-high waders unzipped to below his knees. We
shake hands. 'Her relative called one of our stations,' Geraldo tells me,
explaining how that call went to another station, and then another, and finally
to him.

"The woman had been stranded in her home for six days. Geraldo picked up the
woman and her dog and brought them here. The woman looks frail on his arm,
though not as bad perhaps as a lady collapsed on a chair nearby, unable to
move. Or a woman in a wheelchair being lifted from the truck, carrying her
prosthetic leg on her lap.

"'That's the second time he brought her here,' one of the doctors tells me,
nodding toward Geraldo.

"'What?'

"'They did two takes. Geraldo made that poor woman walk from the Fox News van
to the heliport twice. Both times carrying her dog.'

"'Are you serious?' I ask. He says he is."

Actually, this doesn't really surprise me at all.

Walt

--
"Patriotism means being loyal to
your country all the time and to